Content

Pin It

Widgets

Friday, August 24, 2012

I Got You, Little Runaway


I always hated parking at my school. Eighty dollars a month or 14 overnight just so my car would stand still for a week? Complete rip off... But things are different at private universities. Imagine my surprise the first time I visited a friend at Concordia and not being charged a penny for my car’s short stay. In fact, the nice lady in the navy blazer at the gate simply asked me who I was visiting and gave me a slip saying I could park wherever. Damn you UCI and your public school shortcomings! I encountered a similar situation when visiting USD last week, a catholic private school in San Diego, only this time the guy at the entrance said nothing and just gave me a day permit. Anyway, where am I going with this?

A few weeks ago, my editor at CollegeFashionista had selected me for a campaign with a major online-only store (won’t say which one since the feature isn’t out, but you’re smart, you can figure it out) for the website where I was to take pictures at my school. Drive all the way to Irvine and put up with UCI’s stupid parking only for some pictures? I thought no. My editor was also sympathetic. I preferred to pick between the three major universities in San Diego (where I currently and temporarily, I hope, reside). Ultimately, I went with aesthetics. Sorry I’m not sorry SDSU and UCSD.


The only time I had gone to USD before my “photo shoot” day was to a wedding when I was around 11-years-old. In my not-so-reliable memory, I remembered a big baroque church and buildings. Yeah, that wasn’t exactly what I encountered when I actually got there. It’s still pretty, though, even more so than UCI. Although the day was too damned hot and I was wearing a faux fur top, the experience wasn’t so bad (I ran and rested under a tree between takes). Gotta get into those fall trends posts before fall actually comes, right? The pictures I posted here are some of the outtakes from the actual feature I sent my editor. When that campaign comes out in mid-September, you’ll get to see a few more pictures from this day and more information on the outfit itself.

What do you think about faux fur tops? Am I a chic Chewbacca or just plain weird? 


Siempre odie estacionar mi carro en mi escuela. Por un mes, el estacionamiento costaba 80 dólares y 14 por una noche. ¿Todo para que mi carro estuviera inmóvil por una semana? Ridículo… Pero las cosas son diferentes en universidades privadas. Imagínense mi sorpresa al visitar a una amiga en Concordia y no haber tenido que pagar ni un centavo por el corto alojamiento de mi carro. De hecho, la amable señora de la entrada vistiendo un blazer azul marino solo me pregunto a quien visitaba y me dio un pase para estacionarme donde quisiera. ¡Malditas sean tus deficiencias financieras de escuela pública UCI! Algo parecido me sucedió cuando visite USD la semana pasada, una universidad católica en San Diego, solo que esta vez el señor de la entrada no me dijo nada y solo me dio el pase. Total, ¿A dónde voy con todo esto?

Hace unas semanas, mi editora de CollegeFashionista me escogió para una campaña con una tienda-en-línea (no diré cual ya que no ha salido, pero todos aquí son inteligentes, pueden averiguarlo) donde tenia que tomarme fotos en mi escuela. ¿Manejar hasta Irvine y lidiar con el estúpido estacionamiento solo por unas fotos? No, y mi editora fue comprehensiva. Preferí escoger entre las tres grandes universidades de San Diego (donde vivo temporalmente, espero). Y al final, me fui con la estética para hacer mi elección. 


Antes de mi “photo shoot,” solo había ido a USD una vez y fue a una boda cuando tenia alrededor de 11 años. Aunque mi memoria no es del todo segura, yo recordaba una gran iglesia estilo barroco y edificios similares. Si, eso no es exactamente lo que encontré al llegar. Digo, es bonito, hasta más que UCI, no me malinterpreten. Y aunque el día estaba extremadamente caliente como para usar un top con faux fur, la experiencia no estuvo tan mal (corría hacia la sombra entre tomas). ¿Los posts sobre las tendencias de otoño tienen que ser publicadas antes de que llegue la temporada, no? Las fotografías que publique son las outtakes de las que serán usadas para la campaña. Cuando esa sea publicada a mediados de Septiembre, la publicare aquí para que vean el resto de las fotos y lean un poco más sobre el outfit.

¿Qué opinan de mi top de faux fur? ¿Se ve Chewbacca-cool o simplemente me veo rara? 

Top, leather shorts and Oxford's, velvet socks and hair pin from ASOS.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram

Followers